Pain Relief Acupuncture: A DIY accident caused Paul’s neck, shoulder and back pain. This led to headaches. Paul came for Acupuncture for pain relief. After 3 treatments, Paul had movement, was pain free and his headaches were gone.
Patient: Paul Sanders.
Acupuncturist: Iain Lettice.
Pain Relief Acupuncture: Paul’s Testimonial For Iain Lettice
After taking a fall a while back I ended up with headaches, limited movement in my neck and had shoulder pain. Naturally, being a guy, I soldered on for a few months until my wife couldn’t bare it any longer. So, after not really seeing any improvement I enlisted the help of Iain.
I’ve had three sessions now, mainly on my shoulders and neck. The first session allowed me to regain the movement back in my neck and got rid of the headaches. The last two sessions helped relieve a lot of stress in my back and I have now been pain free for a few weeks. I’ve also noticed I’m more relaxed in general which is great.
Iain has a really easy manner and has a high level of professionalism. He put me totally at ease and his results speak for themselves and I would quite happily recommend him to anyone – Paul Sanders
How Does Pain Relief Acupuncture Work?
Like many acupuncturists today, I’m always looking to put the ancient art of acupuncture in more modern terms.
I can’t put it as well as they have, so I’ll use this space to summarise the information for you. Please do go to their fantastic website to find out the full detail.
So here is your quick bullet point summary:
- Needling acupuncture points stimulates the nervous system
- This causes adjustments to body chemistry in the muscles, spinal cord and brain
- It triggers the release of a wide range of chemicals, including hormones, that influence the body’s own internal regulating system.
- Acupuncture and electro-acupuncture has been shown through extensive research to stimulate the production of
- “endogenous opioids” (pain relievers)
- serotonin (feel good)
- and norepinephrine (aka noradrenaline) which increases blood flow to skeletal muscle (muscle relaxing)
So acupuncture for pain relief gives a combined outcome of:
- Relieving pain
- Feeling good
- Relaxing muscles
Paul found the results were good for him, why not give yourself the same benefits?!! Come and see me…
You can find out more about Iain Lettice here, and his testimonials here, or if you’re happy and don’t need to read any more, then book an appointment with Iain. His contact and clinic details are here and at the top of the page.